Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Best of Watching the View


Watching the View is an excellent resource for those people who love The View talk show, used to love The View, and even for those that despise The View. I provide daily recaps of the episodes, as well as all the news and gossip surrounding the show. You can also find opinion pieces and even interviews.

Below is just a taste of what Watching the View has to offer. Feel free to explore these links and be sure to comment on the posts and let me know your view.

Rosie O'Donnell
I do not make a secret of the fact that my website started after I started watching The View in earnest once Rosie O’Donnell came on board. She brought a new life to the show and used her platform to argue against the war, bring attention to causes close to her heart, and bring joy to others. On my blog I addressed one reason why she was so vilified during her time on the show and analyzed the argument that was the last straw for Rosie.

View Co-Host Sherri Shepherd
I have had the opportunity to interview View host Sherri Shepherd twice for Watching the View--once when she was a frequent guest host in March 2007 and again after she had settled in as permanent co-host in January 2008. She told me about how she got started in comedy, about her family, as well as how she deals with all of the criticism that she has experienced as a result of her verbal miscues during her time on the show. She even revealed that she reads Watching the View to get daily recaps!

Project Blog
As part of a blogging competition Project Blog, I was tasked with writing weekly posts with a variety themes. It allowed me think outside my comfort zone, address someone with whom I have a differing opinion and even be funny. It allowed me to share with my readers my optimistic goal for the future and they made me feel like a winner each week thanks to all of their support.


The Future of The View
Since Rosie O'Donnell left The View, the show has gone through some growing pains, for which I have provided some helpful suggestions. What does the future hold? Come join us at Watching the View and we can experience the show's ups and downs together.


1 comment:

Mark Jabo said...

Awesome job with this page, Winnie.

I think it does a great job of capturing the spirit you bring to your WTV blog.

Watching The View